How Can I Get My Fingerprints Taken?

Fingerprint Card Complete

If your employer or licensing agency has requested fingerprints on the FD-258, simply head on over to our office.  Some out of state applicants will receive a Request for Live Scan Fingerprinting Service but be directed to obtain hard copy cards if they are outside of the state issuing the license. Most often your license renewal instructions will simply send you a fingerprint card and instruct you to submit them.

Head over to our office or schedule mobile service with your instructions and a valid photo ID. We will roll your fingerprints, seal your cards in an envelope and help you prepare to submit them.  We return your cards to you in a sealed envelope at the time of service.

*We do not offer Live Scan service BUT if you are submitting your fingerprints to another state you can generally submit ink and roll (hard copy) cards.

**We do not offer fingerprinting service for TSA/HAZMat.

No appointment is necessary.  If you are sending a group of more than 5 at a time OR will need more than 6 fingerprint cards, please call ahead so we can better accommodate you.  While it only takes 3-4 minutes or less to roll your fingerprints, it takes most customers 10-15 minutes to fill out the top portion of the card.

Standard FBI FD-258 Fingerprint Card

Sample FD-258

We provide quality ink and roll fingerprinting service on hard copy fingerprint cards.  The hard cards are submitted by the applicant or their employer to the appropriate requesting agency to be cross referenced with FBI and/or state agency criminal databases.

We use the  standard FBI card (FD-258),  agency specific FBI cards that include pre-printed requesting agency information or we can provide fingerprinting service on fingerprint cards or documents you provide.

Our office and technicians have blank FBI FD-258 cards and agency specific cards for FINRA, OSPI and ATF.

For children, we offer an alternative card that have space for a photo and other information.

ID Requirements

Identification MUST be current (not expired) and show:

  • Date of Birth
  • Signature
  • A photo

Types of Acceptable ID

  • Driver’s License, Instruction Permit OR state ID card from any U.S. State, U.S. Territory and District of Columbia
  • Valid Washington State Temporary Driver’s License or ID card
  • Driver’s license or Instruction Permit OR state ID card from any Canadian Province.
  • Military ID, US Coast Guard ID/Merchant Marine ID
  • Official U.S. or Foreign Passport
  • Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card (No expiration date required)
  • U.S. Work Visa w/ Photo
  • Dept. of Defense CAC
  • Foreign Driver’s License w/ Date of Birth, Photo, and Full Name

Types of Identification We Cannot Accept

  • Hole Punched ID
  • Student ID
  • Expired ID
  • Credit Card w/ Picture
  • Birth Certificate
  • International Driver’s License

Secondary Identification

If your employer or requesting agency requires two forms of ID, you will need to provide one of the following additional documents:

  • Bank Statement
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Credit Card (no prepaid debit cards)
  • Pay Stub
  • School ID w/ Photograph
  • Official Tribal Document
  • Vehicle Registration/Title
  • Voter ID Card